Dental Bridge Chicago | Bucktown Dental Associates
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is a fixed replacement of a missing a tooth. A bridge is cemented to the teeth surrounding the space left by the missing tooth. A dental bridge can also be placed on two dental implants. Dr. Elseweifi offers many types of dental bridges in Chicago.
Types of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are manily of two types:
- Traditional bridge: The bridge is made up of two crowns and a replacment tooth (pontice) in the middle.
- Bonded Bridge: The bridge is formed of a replacement tooth (pontic) that is bonded to the teeth on either sides of the space.
|Traditional bridge||Bonded bridge|
Alternatives of a Dental Bridge
Alternatives to a dental bridge are dental implants and removable partial dentures.
Benefits of a Dental Bridge
Missing teeth and have gaps is bad for your smile and your dental health. A bridge can:
- Restore or improve your chewing ability and your enjoyment of food.
- Restore your proper speach and prounciation of letters.
- A bridge for front teeth can restore or improve your smile
- Prevent teeth on either sides of the space and opposing teeth from shifting, which causes decay and gum disease.
Dental Brdige Vs Dental Implants
A fixed replacement of a missing tooth can be a bridge or a dental implant. Both have advantegs and disadvantages.
Pros and Cons of Dental Implants
A dental implants looks and feels more natural than a dental bridge.
A dental implant preserves the bone by replacing the missing tooth root.
A dental implant does not need preparation of cutting of adjacent healthy teeth.
- An implant needs surgery to place the titanium root into the bone. Dental implant surgery requires good health and enough bone. Any surgerical procedure entails risks.
- Dental implant treatment needs more time for implant healing and restoration.Treatment may take several months.
- Treatment with dental implants is often more costly than a dental bridge.
Pros and Cons of Dental Bridges
- A dental bridge is a non-surgical restorative procedure. It can be used where there is no bone to support a dental implant.
- A bridge can be used when general health does not allow surgery.
- A dental bridge usually takes two visits and can be finished withing few weeks.
- A dental bridge is often less expensive than dental implants.
- Becuase a bridge is formed of three connected teeth, it can cause a challenge in home cleaning.
- A bridge requires preparation of adjacent teeth. This may be a concern when adjacent teeth are healthy.
If you are looking for a dental bridge in Chicago, call us today for a free consutlation.